Local businesses Casual Animal Brewing Co., Stockyards Brewing Co., Voltaire and Lemonade Park are showing up for reproductive rightsJul 19, 2022 10:47AM ● By Janani Varatharajan
If we don’t show up for the women of our city and our states, who will? These local businesses decided they couldn’t wait around to see. But also, that they cannot do it alone.
We all live right here in KC, in the middle of the country, amid conflicting waves of ideologies, where some people celebrate the overturning of Roe v. Wade, and others literally won’t survive it.
This event is purposed entirely to raise money for the care and access to care that women in Missouri may need, particularly in this time when unclear interpretations of the law are resulting in the delay of life-saving care for people, right here.
This event is also a call to action. Without showing up, we cannot hope to live in the world we want for our families, our kids and the people around us who deserve better.
Please, get out and VOTE on August 2nd. Primary elections are of critical importance in electing officials that represent your voice, as well as voting for/against laws and infrastructure bills that affect our city, our state, our human rights.
Show Up for Reproductive Rights.
Show Up and vote in the Primary Elections on August 2nd.
Thanks for joining us.
Show Up for Reproductive Rights
Sunday, July 31st
Lemonade Park: 1628 Wyoming St, Kansas City, MO 64102
Starting at 2pm, until 8pm
*Note Lemonade Park is an outdoor venue
$25 – for 21+ (includes 2 drink/raffle tokens)
$10 – for Under 21
Can't attend? Use the ticket link to submit a donation of any amount!
• Hartzell Gray as emcee. @hartzell965
• Music by Dead Beet, Grand Marquis, Kemet and Kadesh from The Phantastics, Monta at Odds, and The Black Creatures.
• Special guests and brief remarks from local state and city representatives
• Local craft beer from 12 breweries in the KC metro
• Food trucks
• Craft cocktails and slushies
• Silent raffle including tickets to KC Chiefs vs. Washington Commanders Pre-season game, tickets to a beer-pairing dinner at Q39, tickets to see The Greeting Committee live, and more.
*The Missouri Abortion Fund is a reproductive justice organization providing funds to help Missourians access abortion.